Special Education Resources
Page Updated: December 09, 2015
A notice to parents of children who reside in the Northern Lehigh School District.
The Procedural Safeguards Notice describes the rights and the procedures that safeguard the rights of parents and students with special needs under state and federal special education law, including the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act, commonly referred to as “IDEA 2004.”
Independent Educational Evaluations means an evaluation conducted by a qualified examiner who is not employed by the LEA responsible for the education of your child.
The CLIU serves as the coordinating agency that brings together diverse school districts, vocational schools, businesses, higher education and community groups. The CLIU uses a "regional team" approach and through cooperation and collaboration among school districts and community agencies, provides innovative, responsive, and cost-effective programs. It is the job of the Intermediate Unit to facilitate inter-district cooperation, provide educational and administrative services to schools, and function as a link between the Pennsylvania Department of Education and local school districts.
The following are links to external websites and organizations that may be useful for parents of Special Needs Students within the Northern Lehigh School District.
- Child Find Notice (Special Education Programs for Special Needs Children)
- PATTAN.net (Pennsylvania Training and Technical Assistance Network)
- Parent Pipeline Newsletter (English)
- Parent Pipeline Newsletter (Español)
- SMART: Exploring Options for Transitioning Youth
- BrainSTEPS Brain Injury School Re-Entry Program
- FERPA General Guidance for Students
- Family Support Services Guide